I’m so excited to share a little more about Catholic Schoolhouse with you! It is a classically inspired homeschool community. (It is a non-profit 501(c)(3) organization.) Grounded firmly in the Catholic faith and committed to Church teaching, Catholic Schoolhouse is led by trained tutors and operates with hands-on parental involvement. We gather weekly for a day consisting of: prayer, pledge, chorus/music, classroom instruction, hands-on science activities, art projects, and opportunities for socializing. We follow a typical school year, meeting from late August (or early September) through May.
Catholic Schoolhouse’s curriculum follows a three year cycle or “Tour”. I am excited to say that all three Tours have received an imprimatur, which is a big deal for a Catholic program! (Read more about that here.) The program includes memory work in Religion, History, Geography, Science, Classical Languages, Music, Art, Math, and Language Arts. (A full scope and sequence chart can be found here.)
A few West Orlando, Florida Chapter Updates:
- Location is still TBD; however, it most likely will either be at my home again in Clermont or Bill Frederick Park At Turkey Lake (3401 South Hiawassee Road, Orlando, FL 32835).
- Registration is still open!
- There will be an opportunity to purchase Tour III materials at a discount later this summer.
- Supply fee ($85) will be due August 1st.
- Tuition ($250) will be due before the first class.
PS: Please feel free to join our West Orlando Chapter group on Facebook: